Hai! Welcome to a tiny, insignificant bubble of the internet. My blog! 😀
In the busy schedule of the Universe, where the asteroids shooting around in the abyss of space, like the corks popping off champagne bottles, crash against the dark side of the moon, gazing down onto the beautiful blue ball that is our earth, holding approximately seven billion people, seven billion stories, functioning like bees in a hive, worshipping pieces of paper, I was born. In October (Whoop, Libra! )
That’s where my Chapter One started. Although, some may argue, Chapter One started somewhere around the end of January but that is another story to tell and not mine to tell.
You can call me Shay. 🙂
I’m a 20 year old (yayyy roaring twenties) Neuroscience student (booo school)! That means I pretty much know everything, as us 20 year old uni students like to believe. But no, I’m still learning and growing and with this blog, I have learnt so much. My head is a mess of thoughts and I love writing so channelling it onto this blog has been a perfect outlet for me.
My blog, Planet Shay, is a black hole into an accumulation of ‘thoughts’ post. Notice my use of quotations around thoughts – describing the category of my blog is difficult; you’ll find things ranging from science to philosophy and equality to little light-hearted, comedic posts. So…let’s just call it a thoughts blog. Agree to disagree?
I created it one gloomy January day in 2015 to occupy myself as a depressed teenager, bored and demotivated, and by God’s grace, I found I was very passionate about this blog. Although it started out with my ramblings and waffles, bad grammar and cringey jokes, it has flourished into something I am proud of and has grown up with me.
I guess I can say my aim is:
- Sharing my own experiences about my own life and mental health as I would’ve loved to have someone when I was younger to relate to
- Raising awareness and educating about important issues like racism, sexism, etc
- Enlightening you about interesting things (at least things I find interesting) like timeee traveeeel 😀
- Spreading happy vibes, for you and myself; I hope some of my posts do make you laugh or smile 🙂
- Having a platform for my own expression and control and having something to look back on and be proud of
Anyways, thank you for reading my ‘about’ page. I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy making them! Feel free to leave a comment, I love answering them.