Pinch punch, first of the best month!
I LOVE October. It’s the best month. Not debatable.
And the reasons as to why it’s my favourite month is nothing like those of a typical white girl, with their pumpkin spice lattes. No.
October is my birthday month. And although I don’t really get excited for my birthday anymore, it’s just fun waiting and building up towards it. Also I get money and my sister is forced to be nice to me. I’m turning 18 this year, which I am actually dreading but I’m looking forward to the birthday celebrations withy my friends and family and their presents. Presence, I mean.
I love Halloween. I know a lot of people and possibly a lot of you do not celebrate it, some with the belief it’s a celebration of the devil (which it wasn’t created for) but I love the vibe of it. I like the orange colours and pumpkins and the Halloween house parties and horror movies and dressing up. It’s fun. And it’s fun to be scared every once in a way. Get that adrenaline pumping. Keeps you alive!
October is also in Autumn and that means cosy dark evenings and nights, drinking tea (I’m so British) and watching Netflix films, feeling guilty about not doing more revision and schoolwork, which eventually leads to a mental breakdown. Its’ really all good fun. And I find that I light a lot of candles, too. And I like the feeling of coming from the cold inside into a warm house and shower. Basically, it’s a really cosy season.
October is before November. (Call me a genius.) But November is the lead up to Christmas, which I also love. And also Christmas things start popping up in shops around October, and that makes me happy even though I know it makes a lot of people annoyed. Seeing people annoyed is also kind of funny.
As much as I love October, I hate the spiders. October seemed too good to be true, and then there was a giant spider running around my doorway. Don’t even try to say “it’s more scared of you than you are of it” because they come to me. I don’t go looking for them. THEY. COME. TO. ME.
However, despite all these things, which are the general reasons as to why I love October so much, this month, particularly this year, I am:
- Getting my life together. I’ve actually started revision early and almost finished all my biology revision posters. And I’m doing my homework the day I get it. I deserve a glittery sticker.
- Catching up on The Flash. I stopped watching it sometime last year because I was so busy with school and felt too guilty to watch TV. Now that I’m on top of everything and actually not slacking, I feel like I can treat myself.
- One of my work colleagues motivated me to continue to write my story, which I intend to do this autumn, especially with NaNoWriMo coming up. If I find the time, of course.
- Planning on posting a lot of Halloween related posts as well as a depressing post on why I don’t want to turn 18.
- Going to more science related lectures at Universities (I usually go during autumn/winter).
I also want to mention that I know I haven’t been so active lately and haven’t been going through my reader as much as I used to. I’m in my last year of sixth form and let me tell you, it’s hard. I have to stay on top of revision (AS and new A2 content) and stay on top of the mountains of homework I get a week and write my personal statement for Uni (which is so scary) and volunteering and work. It’s a lot and when I do have free time, I tend to be too tired to write or use my laptop. So I’m genuinely sorry but I have to prioritise those things for the sake of my education.
But I’m in a good mood because it’s finally October. XD
What’s your favourite month?