Disney, I think, is a magical word even without knowing what it is.
I love Disney. Always have and, probably, always will.
It’s taught me a lot and has made me smile, inspired, happy and so much more that the list would go on forever.
In fact, my family used to call me Boo from Monsters Inc. because apparently, I always had my hair in two bunches and always seemed to say “Boo!”
That’s what they said anyway.
Actually, one of the ‘youngster’ cousins in my family married a girl who used to work for Disney. So that’s pretty cool.
And Disney is so varied. It has movies from kids horror like The Nightmare Before Christmas to girly, adventurous ones like Brave or action packed films with real people like Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Quotes I love from Disney:
“No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” – Cinderella
“I was hiding under your porch because I love you.” – Up
“If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothin’ at all.” – Bambi
“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – The Lion King
“‘Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.” – Lilo & Stitch
“Ladies do not start fights, but they can finish them.” – The AristoCats
“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Winnie the Pooh
“Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it.” – Brave
“Faith, trust and pixie dust.” – Tinkerbell
“Hakuna matata, it means no worries for the rest of your day.” – The Lion King
“I wouldn’t have nothing, if I didn’t have you.” – Monsters Inc
“To infinity and beyond.” – Toy Story
“The human world is a mess.” – The Little Mermaid
“It’s “Make your mamas proud” time!” – Wreck-It-Ralph
“Never grow up.” – Peter Pan
Crazy BuzzFeed facts about Disney:
- 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are among the only animated Disney movies where both parents are present and don’t die during the course of the movie.
- Pixar credits its success to going against Disney’s standards narrative elements: No songs, no “I want” moments, no happy village, no love story, no villain.
- A hyena biologist sued Disney for portraying hyenas as villains in The Lion King.
- Beast’s appearance in Beauty and the Beast is an amalgamation of several animals. It’s said he has the head of a buffalo, the brow of a gorilla, the body of a bear, the mane of a lion, the tusks of a boar, and the legs and tail of a wolf.
- Rapunzel and Flynn from Tangled can be seen in Frozen.
- Also, Andy didn’t have a dad in Toy Story because human characters were expensive and difficult to animate.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End is the most expensive film ever made.
- Tangled is the second most expensive movie ever made.
- Boo’s real name is Mary.
- When a 10-year-old girl with cancer was too sick to see Up, Pixar flew an employee to her house with a DVD of the movie. She died seven hours after her private screening.
- The voice actress behind Lilo in Lilo & Stitch, Daveigh Chase, also played Samara in The Ring.
- Walt Disney received one regular Oscar statue and seven smaller statues when Snow White and the Seven Dwarves won an honorary Academy Award.
- The vultures from The Jungle Book were intended to be voiced by the Beatles.
Let’s leave that at 13, after all, it is Friday the 13th!!!